Hiking, biking and more in Obertraun
No matter if it´s summer or winter: in Obertraun and it´s surrounding region there is always something up!
HALLSTATT and OBERTRAUN are part of the WORLD HERITAGE, and we are truelly proud of it!
Start your holiday adventure at the lake of Hallstatt i with a dinner at our restaurant!
Our summer highlights
- the lake of Hallstatt and it´s natural bathing area in Obertraun-Winkl invite you to relax and enjoy
- there you will find a lake cafè, a beach volleyball court and a huge playground for kids
- you will find beautiful hiking trails in the surrounding mountains all around
- climbers head to the popular Seewandklettersteig, but they can also find easier routes in the are
- mount Krippenstein offers easy tours offering great views for hikers the viewing platform. You can hike to the "Fünf Finger" platform or walk to the "Gjaidalm" and the "Wiesberghaus". But you can also take longer hikes to the Guttenberghaus, the Simonyhütte or take overnight trips.
- If you're looking for a cooling of a different kind take a tour through our famous caves: The Giant Stone Cave, the Mammoth Cave and the Koppenbrüller cave belong to the most beautiful and longest walkable caves of Austria.
The "Gasthof Höllwirt" in Obertraun. We spoil you with seasonal dishes such as fresh fish, asparagus and venison.
Obertraun in Winter
- ur local mountain, the Krippenstein, is an El Dorado for freeriders and backcountry skiers. An 11 kilometers long challenging descent to the valley is one of it´s highlights
- in spring time the Krippenstein is the ideal starting point for ski tourers, who will find marked ski trails to the Wiesberghaus or the Simonyhütte. Today the route across the glacier from Ramsau (Dachsteinsüdwand) is most popular.
- non-skiers enjoy snow-shoeing on the sunny Dachstein plateau
If you prefer to have a great variety of lifts and cabins to choose from, visit the nearby Dachstein ski area in Gosau / Russbach / Annaberg. It is only a 30 minute ride!
Our restaurant is located in the middleof everything! Our house is awaiting you to to serve delicious traditional dishes that warm the hearts and bellies.
Do you have questions about the activities around the inn Höllwirt? Do not bother to ask us under the number +43 (0)800 / 400 171 809 or to send us a request.